cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

More information in error message for variable importance

I'd like to see the columns that are causing the error to show up in this error message:

shampton82_0-1665589645287.png

right now it is quite tedious to find out which columns to remove to get past this error.  Note: this was while using the BSF platform.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

@shampton82  - Thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

mia_stephens
Staff

Hi @shampton82, can you please provide a bit more info on how you're getting this error? Is any additional information provided in the enhanced log? 

shampton82
Level VII

Hey @mia_stephens, I get the error when I try and use access variable importance(AVI).  It will happen for all three types of AVI.  I just tried it and nothing gets reported to the log when it happens.  What I have to do to work around it is go into column viewer, sort by "N missing" then look to see what columns are missing the most data, and then start removing the columns with the most missing data until I can get the "AVI" to run.  Sometimes its obvious but many times its not.

Hope this helps!

Steve

mia_stephens
Staff

Thanks you for this additional information @shampton82. This definitely helps. 

Status changed to: We like it! (in the queue)

@shampton82 - We have reviewed your request and think it will be a great addition to JMP. This request is in the queue of items to work on in a future release.