cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Enable multiple specifications (for different product codes / plants) per file for Capability Analysis

I typically have data for multiple product codes and plants in one file (pls see attached example). I would like to do Capability Analysis for each product code and plant in this file. Each product code has a different specification. I would like to pull the specification in from a "Spec Limit" file (pls see attached example).

Please note that there are too many product codes in a file for sub-setting each one. It would result in too many files to handle.

If it is easier to have a scripting answer short term, I am fine with that. Long term I would like to see it integrated into JMP under the "Manage Spec Limits" option.

1 Comment
AdditiveRange10
Level I

Hello,

I would like to bring light to this idea since it seems it has not gotten much attention over time. I think this is a very crucial aspect missing from the Process Capability module. Many times spec lists/tables can apply to numerous part numbers/types and being limited by no grouping value for the metric column makes it almost impossible to perform the analysis when there are many part numbers.

Are there any current workarounds to this besides the process screening option (this module seems to have a few less options compared to the process capability).

I am still on JMP 16 but will update to 18 soon so maybe this is resolved in JMP 18?

Thank you