cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Broken axis in graph builder

Hello,

Having the possibility to choose range shown on Y axis in graph builder would be great!

when you have data on a wide range it is not nice to have them flattened because you have to show all data on Y.

Thanks in advance,

Marie

4 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @mgerusdurand, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @mgerusdurand, thank you for submitting this request! I was hoping you could check out this blog post discussing how you can accomplish this in JMP. Let me know if that helps at all and if I understood your request. That is just a workaround, but I was hoping you could tell me more about your use case? As the blog post discusses, is there a reason your data has to be in one graph?

mgerusdurand
Level IV

Hi @Sarah-Sylvestre ,

This blog is showing broken axis indeed but I agree with the author that this is 2 side by side graphs with different scales and that is not what I would like. 

In fact we have stability data from day 0 to day 90 but without data between day 14 and day 90 let say. In this case, to be able to see all my curve, I if I want to see all my data point separately I need to get a huge X axis. This is not ideal when incorporated the graph in a word report for example. Si I would like to be able just to hide X axis segment between 14 and 90 days. 

Hope this help

Status changed to: Investigating

Thank you for the additional info!