cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add option to not contain all windows to JMP Project's

What inspired this wish list request? 

Participating in JMP Lab during JMP Discovery Summit Europe 2023 where I did use Projects (I don't really use them, but I do see that there could be potential) with multiple data tables and reports at the same time. 

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

One of the biggest reasons why I don't use JMP projects at all, is that it will contain all (non-modal) windows to the project. What I would like to see is to somehow limit which will be added to project (check box selector for different window types for example, JMP17 provides quite a few of different window types for example). Below is an example where Fit Y by X platform is contained in the Project

jthi_0-1678870953356.png

but I would like it to open as the normal Launcher window like it would open from data table and then add the report to project when I click Run.

Why is this idea important?

Improves the user experience of using JMP Project's by not containing everything inside the project.

2 Comments
hogi
Level XI

@jthi wrote:

One of the biggest reasons why I don't use JMP projects at all, is that it will contain all (non-modal) windows to the project. 

I agree so much.
Projects could be great - but putting every data table and plot into the same window steals Jmp large part of its power to be useful.

jc510_2
Level III

Definitely agree with adding more flexibility for non-modal windows!