cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SpecificityBear

'nresolved Column error on JMP 18

I am getting a 'Unresolved Column' JMP Alert when trying to automate the concatenation of two data-tables. It works completely when I concatenate them manually. I thought maybe something weird was happening with the datatype (even though they are the same when checking) so you can see I have force added them to be the same datatype. 

I have this sort of 'master' script in MATLAB that I have this whole script embedded in. I call the JMP executable to open and run this script which I thought could attribute to the problem but in the MATLAB portion It is able to successfully run a JSL script previously (and I close that instance of JMP after and re-open it for this one). 

The JMP Alert causes the rest of my MATLAB script to hang as it's waiting for this script to finish.

Any help will be appreciated. 

// open newly generated ADTDatapoolTable.jmp
dtGenerated = Open("C:\Users\fnunziato\Downloads\ADTDatapoolTable.jmp");

// Step 1: Open ADTDatapoolTestWColumnsRenamed.jmp (Target Table)
dtTarget = Open("C:\Users\fnunziato\Downloads\JMPTest\ADT DatapoolTestWColumnsRenamed.jmp");

// Step 2: Concatenate dtGenerated into dtTarget (Append to first table)
Column(dtGenerated, "Mass Fe (g)") << Set Data Type(Numeric);
Column(dtTarget, "Mass Fe (g)") << Set Data Type(Numeric);
dtTarget << Concatenate(
    Data Table(dtGenerated),
    Append to First Table(1)
);

// Step 3: Run the Summary Script found on dtTarget
dtTarget << Run Script("Summary Script");

// Optional: Close all tables to clean up
dtGenerated << Close(NoSave);
dtTarget << Close(Save);

1 REPLY 1
SpecificityBear

Re: 'nresolved Column error on JMP 18

I guess it's also worth to note that upon checking the output of the script, it seems to do it's job and concatenate them just fine and there is nothing visually abnormal to me. It is just the error that is my issue since it hangs the rest of my script.