cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
phuesch0
Level I

lack-of-fit-test is missing

Hello.

I have created a full factorial design with two X variables and one response value (Health as a function of your drinking and smoking habits, see enclosed files).

11613_pastedImage_2.png

When I generate the report, the lack-of-fit test is greyed out. But why? The fitting-linear-models-pdf from the jmp-help says:

In the following situations, the Lack of Fit report does not appear because the test statistic

cannot be computed:

• There are no replicated points with respect to the X variables, so it is impossible to

calculate a pure error sum of squares.

• The model is saturated, meaning that there are as many estimated parameters as there are

observations. Such a model fits perfectly, so it is impossible to assess lack of fit.

I have 3 replicated points for every X variable and 27 observations which is a greater number than the estimated parameters. So why can't I compute the LoF-test?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: lack-of-fit-test is missing

If you run a Stepwise Regression instead of the Standard Least Squares you will get the Lack of Fit statistic. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: lack-of-fit-test is missing

If you run a Stepwise Regression instead of the Standard Least Squares you will get the Lack of Fit statistic.