cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Birkebak
Level I

jsl files running instead of opening

Every since reinstalling JMP 16 after a computer update, my .jsl extension files were not being recognized to open up in jmp. When I set the default app through "Open with" and set the program to JMP 16, the scripts run when double-clicked. This is annoying and want to know if I can reset this tot he way it was before having to reinstall JMP.  The file icon now looks like a JMP file instead of the script icon and I do not have the "Scripts should be run only..." box checked under preferences.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SDF1
Super User

Re: jsl files running instead of opening

Hi @Birkebak ,

You might want to check this post here. Or check to see if your JSL file has the //! characters at the very start. This forces the file to run on open. Delete it if you don't want it to run on open. Also make sure your preferences are not set to run on open -- the link previously.

You can get around this by holding down the ctrl key while double clicking the JSL file. JMP will open it but not run it.

Hope this helps!,

DS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Hi @Birkebak ,

You might want to check this post here. Or check to see if your JSL file has the //! characters at the very start. This forces the file to run on open. Delete it if you don't want it to run on open. Also make sure your preferences are not set to run on open -- the link previously.

You can get around this by holding down the ctrl key while double clicking the JSL file. JMP will open it but not run it.

Hope this helps!,

DS

Birkebak
Level I

Hello DS,

I saw that post earlier but did not see an answer in the thread (at least that I understood). Turns out that holding down control and double killing the JSL file asked me what app to use and then somehow reidentified the files as JMP Script so now they are opening up correctly.

Thank you!