cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

interactive plots

Does anyone have any ideas on how to create interactive reports?

In the report, I want to include graphs with multiple lines in each graph. On the left side of the window, I would like to have a list of the lines. When I click on a line from the list, I want the selected line in the graph to be more prominent, while the remaining lines are faded out.

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

Re: interactive plots

Having legend on the left side can be a bit tricky but if right side is fine, basic graph builder should be enough

jthi_0-1724840120932.png

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/graph-builder.shtml#

-Jarmo

Hello! I have used a for loop to create multiple graphs using the graph builder. Now, I would like to group all these graphs onto a single sheet and create an interactive interface for users to interact with all the graphs together. Is there a way to achieve this? Thank you! 

Its nice idea to use just the basic graph builder , i just want to put them all together one under the other after i create all of them. 

jthi
Super User

I bit more information is needed. You could for example collect them into V List Box and then display using New Window

Names Default To Here(1); 

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

gb_collector = V List Box();

For(i = 1, i <= 3, i++,
	gb_collector << Append(
		dt << Graph Builder(
			Variables(X(:weight), Y(:height), Overlay(:sex)),
			Elements(Points(X, Y, Legend(9)), Line Of Fit(X, Y, Legend(11)))
		)		
	)
);

nw = New Window("",
	gb_collector
);

If you are utilizing For loop I assume you are doing scripting. Have you read Scripting Guide (for example https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/examples-of-creating-a-dashboard-from-two-reports... ).

-Jarmo