cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fusion
Level I

how to connect points with lines in graph builder?

In graph builder,After plotting the "Points",how to connect points with lines?I knew use "Smoother" or "Lines" to plot lines, but the lines don't connect the points. Just like the attached picture.

12 REPLIES 12
Eric_M
Level II

Re: how to connect points with lines in graph builder?

Thanks!  I found the same cause and solution.  Dragging the group identifier column over to the overlay field (or to the legend space) instead of the color field in graph builder and adding a line gives the desired result:

Eric_M_0-1668578979505.png

BHarris
Level VI

It was only recently that I realized that "Overlay" is likely a reference to the old days when we had overhead projectors.  You could print a plot on an overhead slide (acetate sheet), and then print a different plot on a different slide, and then "overlay" them and make them look like they were plotted on top of each other.  In your case, each line/recipe combination gets its own slide, and the lines break appropriately.

I want individual points to connect, not their mean.

There are 4 Y's for each X.  I want all Y1`'s across X to connect, then the Y2's across X, and so on ....in the plot below. In the plot below there are multiple lines for every 'analyte_level 2'; i want each line's dots connected. 

beimar_iriarte__1-1692223945877.png