cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
maryam_nourmand
Level III

best model

Hello
my question is how can i find best parametric model that fits very well on my dataset?
i want find a parametric model that can predict good my response 

12 REPLIES 12
maryam_nourmand
Level III

Re: best model

Yes, by "parametric model" I do not mean machine learning models.

My goal in finding the best parametric model is to simulate and generate data with a larger quantity than my initial dataset. I want to use more data for my machine learning model, but I want the simulated data to closely resemble and be similar to my initial dataset.

dlehman1
Level IV

I don't see why you need a parametric model to do that.  You can run any predictive model and use the Profiler to simulate any number of additional data points, specifying different values for the independent variables and adding random noise to the predictions.  Perhaps I am not understanding what you intend to do, but I don't see the parametric model part of this as necessary.

maryam_nourmand
Level III

What is the difference between saving simulation formulas through "Save Columns -> Save Simulation Formula" and simulating using the Profiler tool?

The reason I am using a parametric model for simulation is that I want to have the relationship and the simulation formula so that I can write the corresponding code and repeat this process 100 times in a loop (to obtain the ARL of my control chart based on the model I constructed in phase I ).

If I were to do this manually with the software, it would be time-consuming and difficult.