cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

analyse/tabulate

Hi,

is it possible to use thousands separator when we build an Analyse/Tabulate?

when we have several numbers, it will be more easier to read the table.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: analyse/tabulate

Well, I just did it on mine and it works.  I've attached an example - again, I might be misunderstanding what you want to do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

I do not see a method for setting the thousands separator in Tabulate.  Maybe another Community Member will have a method.

I do suggest that you add this need to the JMP Wish List

See correct answer below

Jim
Françoise
Level V

Ok, thanks.

done!

dale_lehman
Level VII

Perhaps I don't understand your question.  While you can't set the thousands separator within Tabulate, if you set it in the formatting for the column, Tabulate will preserve that formatting.

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

when you create a custom table of summary statistics, even if your column is tabulated with thousand separators, you will not have in this table the thousand separators.

best regards

dale_lehman
Level VII

Well, I just did it on mine and it works.  I've attached an example - again, I might be misunderstanding what you want to do.

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

you are all right !

thanks

txnelson
Super User

I discovered my issue that lead me to my false statement.  I turned on the thousands separator and ran the Tabulate, and no separations appeared.  However, my error was that since I was summing the data, I had not increased the definition of what format to use.  Once I increased my Fixed Dec format to allow for sufficient characters, the thousands separator appeared...….sorry for my misleading.

Jim