cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

analyse/tabulate

Hi,

is it possible to use thousands separator when we build an Analyse/Tabulate?

when we have several numbers, it will be more easier to read the table.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dale_lehman
Level VII

Re: analyse/tabulate

Well, I just did it on mine and it works.  I've attached an example - again, I might be misunderstanding what you want to do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

I do not see a method for setting the thousands separator in Tabulate.  Maybe another Community Member will have a method.

I do suggest that you add this need to the JMP Wish List

See correct answer below

Jim
Françoise
Level V

Ok, thanks.

done!

dale_lehman
Level VII

Perhaps I don't understand your question.  While you can't set the thousands separator within Tabulate, if you set it in the formatting for the column, Tabulate will preserve that formatting.

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

when you create a custom table of summary statistics, even if your column is tabulated with thousand separators, you will not have in this table the thousand separators.

best regards

dale_lehman
Level VII

Well, I just did it on mine and it works.  I've attached an example - again, I might be misunderstanding what you want to do.

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

you are all right !

thanks

txnelson
Super User

I discovered my issue that lead me to my false statement.  I turned on the thousands separator and ran the Tabulate, and no separations appeared.  However, my error was that since I was summing the data, I had not increased the definition of what format to use.  Once I increased my Fixed Dec format to allow for sufficient characters, the thousands separator appeared...….sorry for my misleading.

Jim