cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TalDamri
Level III

adding formula to tabulate

Hi, it my first day on JMP, so basicly it is very simple question...

I would like to add a formula row to the tabel.

how can I do that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: adding formula to tabulate

A formula can not be added directly to the display from the Tabulate Platform.  What you need to do, is to go to the Red Triangle in the Tablulate Output, and select "Make into Data Table".  Once the table is created, you can then add a formula to the table.

Jim

View solution in original post

Orienting the table differently would make it easier to calculate your percent difference in the manner outlined by txnelson.

Using the data you provided, orient the table this way:

Capture.JPG

Now right-click and make into data table. Add a column for the formula that you have outlined (pin-countersink)/pin.

I'm sure there are other solutions, but this one does work.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

A formula can not be added directly to the display from the Tabulate Platform.  What you need to do, is to go to the Red Triangle in the Tablulate Output, and select "Make into Data Table".  Once the table is created, you can then add a formula to the table.

Jim
TalDamri
Level III

Thanks 

so what the best way to build a table like this (built with excel...) ? 

Picture1.png

the columns mean is the results  ( of RP2% and Bearing) without separeted to the Variant (GF \ CF+GF)   

attached the data file 

Orienting the table differently would make it easier to calculate your percent difference in the manner outlined by txnelson.

Using the data you provided, orient the table this way:

Capture.JPG

Now right-click and make into data table. Add a column for the formula that you have outlined (pin-countersink)/pin.

I'm sure there are other solutions, but this one does work.

Dan Obermiller
TalDamri
Level III

thanks!

And it is possible to add the data table to Jornal or other report?
txnelson
Super User

Yes, If there is an open journal you can click on the report or data table, and the use the key stroke, CNTL/J and it will be copied to the open journal.

All of this is documented in the Using JMP document, available under the Help pull down menu. 

Jim