cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ahmed1
Level II

Work flow builder

Hi All, 

I recorded a seqeunce of data clean up steps on a file using workflow builder. I would like to be able to just change the name of the file and carry out the same set of steps however, some of my setps have name of the data table I orignially used to built the work flow builder. 

Is there a way I can update the names of the table to the latest table? 

e.g 
I have one of the steps as follow
Data Table("12_09") <<Select Where(!(Contains(PBI,:c000002))) << delete rows:
now when I open the data table my workflow wont excute because, the name of the table now is 13_09 

I was trying maybe to create a variable that always gets the name of the table that opened and use it through out the steps carried on workflow builder. 

Thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11
hogi
Level XII

Re: Work flow builder

Hi @Mandy_Chambers , sounds good

and independent of for loops?
If I set up the flow for "myfile.xlsx", every step will contain Data Table ("myFile") << command in the code.
When I use pickfile to give the user the chance to pick a file, it will be opened with the respective table name.
will there be an easy solution to link the workflow steps to this table?

The solutions up to now:
- save the data table with a specific name  - and THEN record the additional steps.
- use "for each" - kind of overkill for a single table : )

Re: Work flow builder

you can do something like this with MFI - creating a window to let you select a file type -- but for now these stated methods are the workarounds we know about.  Thanks.

Mandy_Chambers_0-1728568307058.png