Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
nikles
Level IV

Windows 10 Snap Right/Left does not move window all the way over

In Windows 10, I can press the Windows Logo key + right or left arrow, and the active window will move to the right or left side of my desktop, and resize to fill exactly half of the screen.  However, I've noticed that when I do this with windows in JMP, the window doesn't move entirely to the right or left.  That is, the window resizes and moves, but there's always this small (i dunno, maybe 10-20 pixels?) space left between the window and the edge of the screen.  When I snap one window to the left and another one to the right, this results in a small overlap between the two windows.  Not the end of the world, but annoying since the window on the right can obscure the scroll bar of the window on the left and I have to manually drag the windows to the edge.

This issue seems to be exclusive to JMP and Windows 10.  It does not occur for windows associated with other apps like google or excel, nor was it an issue with Windows 7.  It does not appear to be related to the screen resolution either (I use 1920x1080, but have tried other others).  

Does anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jschroedl
Staff

Re: Windows 10 Snap Right/Left does not move window all the way over

To follow up on this, I have a fix for this behavior but the earliest version with the fix will be the first maintenance version of JMP 14.  Sadly, I don't have a workaround to offer for older versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

This needs to be reported to the JMP support team

support@jmp.com

Jim
Highlighted
jschroedl
Staff

This definitely appears to be a bug in JMP. I am the proper developer to look into what's happening. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sorry for the annoyance! I don't know if there is a workaround at this point. I also use the snap behavior quite a lot and am surprised that I hadn't noticed this myself. 

John

Highlighted
jschroedl
Staff

To follow up on this, I have a fix for this behavior but the earliest version with the fix will be the first maintenance version of JMP 14.  Sadly, I don't have a workaround to offer for older versions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
nikles
Level IV

Thanks jschroedl.  That's understandable, and I appreciate you having a look.  Not a big problem to live with it for now.  Looking forward to 14.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.