cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
chriscic42
Level II

Why am I getting no K-fold validation for my linear regression? It only shows "."

Doing a linear regression, and both in stepwise and in the final model output it only shows "." under K-fold cross-validation?

Why? I recall seeing a K-fold # for my previous model, though I don't remember the exact section or screen.

1 REPLY 1
SDF1
Super User

Re: Why am I getting no K-fold validation for my linear regression? It only shows "."

Hi @chriscic42 ,

Without some more specifics about what you're doing (e.g. steps and or data table -- can be anonymized), it's hard to figure out the issue you're coming across.

However, when I try on one of my data table to run the Stepwise Fit personality under the Fit Model platform and select K-fold Crossvalidation from the red hot button, it runs just fine using the Max K-fold RSquare for the Stopping Rule. Also, are you using a crossvalidation column?

If you can provide screenshots of the steps you're doing or the data table with the script that reproduces the issue, it would help a lot to figure out what's going on in your situation.

Thanks!,

DS