BookmarkSubscribeSubscribe to RSS Feed
Highlighted
JohnnyMalaria

Community Trekker

Apr 7, 2017

Vertical scrolling keeps going after I release the mouse

(JMP 13.2.1 64-bit on Windows 10 Home)

Hi,

Since the release of the update prior to my current version, the vertical scrolling behavior when moving up and down a data table has become very strange. I have never seen this in any other application. If I click and drag the scrollbar slider with the mouse and let go, scrolling *sometimes* continues. It starts fast at first and then slows down. I don't know what I am doing to make this happen and I haven't found a way to stop it once it has started. I just have to wait for it to stop. In a table with 500,000+ rows it is very annoying (I've had to wait up to 5 seconds).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

John.

2 REPLIES
DaveG

Community Member

Feb 14, 2018

Re: Vertical scrolling keeps going after I release the mouse

(JMP 12.1.0 64-bit on Windows 10 Enterprise)

Hello John,

I also have this problem. It started when "upgrading" to Windows 10 recently. It is an artifact of the "smooth scrolling" feature in Win10 trying to make everything look like a tablet and not a PC. I managed to disable this in Windows, however it only applied to Windows applications. I still have this problem in JMP, and yes it is annoying for large data sets.

If you managed to solve this please post your solution as I also deal in large data sets.

Thanks,
Dave

JohnnyMalaria

Community Trekker

Apr 7, 2017

Re: Vertical scrolling keeps going after I release the mouse

Hi Dave,
It hasn't happened for a while. I have had Windows 10 Fall Creators update forced upon me so maybe it's related. It may just be coincidence, but when my 2-in-1 is in laptop mode, I can't use the hotkeys to rotate the screen anymore.
No doubt, the next time I use JMP the problem will return...
John.