Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Trouble With Internet Open As Data (JMP12)

robot

Community Trekker

Feb 27, 2012

Hi,

I am having trouble reading an internet table.  The table is internal to our company, so I am not able to share the link.  I am using JMP12.

• If I use File --> Internet Open --> Open As Data, then JMP can import the table headers, but not the table data.
  • If I use File --> Internet Open --> Open As Web page --> File --> Import Table as Data Table,  then JMP will encounter two script errors (below).  If I bypass these errors, then JMP can import both headers and data, as I would expect.

An example of the table source code and error messages are attached.  Any ideas about how to resolve this?  Or even better: is it possible to script around this?

Thanks!

12407_Web Table Source.jpg

12408_Script Error 1.jpg

12409_Script Error 2.jpg

4 REPLIES
erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, robot,

I'm not the expert on Internet Open, but, looking at your HTML snippet, you've got <TD> tags appearing outside the context of <TR> tags.  I dummied up a quick example, and data that was present in <TD> tags that were not enclosed in <TR> tags shows up in the browser, but JMP Internet Open does not find that data.  My understanding is that <TD> tags *must* be nested inside of <TR> tags in correct HTML.

Also, I don't see a closing </TABLE> tag, although I might have missed it.  JMP definitely does not like a missing closing </TABLE> tag.

HTH,

Eric

robot

Community Trekker

Feb 27, 2012

Thanks Eric.  I will pass this on to the website admin.

erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

While you're at it, if "run", "context", "reads (100/250K)", "readlength (2K)", etc., are supposed to be headers, you'd be better off if they were in <TH> tags rather than <TD> tags.  If they are in <TH> tags, they will automatically be set as column names.  In <TD> tags, they are going to be assumed to be the first row of data.  Here is an example:

<html>

<body>

<table>

<tr>

<th>MyCol1</th>

<th>MyCol2</th>

<th>MyCol3</th>

<th>MyCol4</th>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>1</td>

<td>2</td>