cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
doptimal
Level II

Setting Preferences

When I began using JMP 13, I found that I got residual by predicted plots and studentized residual plots added to every Fit Model and other reports.

Despite a significant amount of time ( > 1.5 hours) searching, I've been unable to find how to shut those off in JMP Preferences. I can shut them off each time I use these platforms, but I can't see how to eliminate them from every report unless I want to activate them for a specific application.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Setting Preferences

We've addressed this in the 13.1 maintenance update.

After updating to 13.1 you'll find some new preferences, each with a "Set" checkbox to indicate that you want to turn them on or off for all the emphasis types that Least Squares has.

JMPScreenSnapz079.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

susan_walsh1
Staff (Retired)

Beginning with JMP 13.2, the Set checkbox was added for some additional preferences, each with a "Set" checkbox to indicate that you want to turn them on or off for all the emphasis types that Least Squares has. These include the Box Cox Y transformation and Plot Studentized Residuals preferences.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

We've addressed this in the 13.1 maintenance update.

After updating to 13.1 you'll find some new preferences, each with a "Set" checkbox to indicate that you want to turn them on or off for all the emphasis types that Least Squares has.

JMPScreenSnapz079.png

-Jeff
doptimal
Level II

Jeff,

I already was using 13.1, and still can't find the preferences to turn off:

- Residual by Predicted Plot
- Studentized Residuals
- Box-Cox Residuals

These show up in my report when I execute a DoE least squares effect
screening. I can turn the first two off via the Row Diagnostics, and the
Box-Cox Residuals via the Factor Profiling submenus under the red triangle
each time I run a DOE, but I want them to not appear as the default.

In the Fit Least Squares platform preferences, there are three check boxes
labeled "Set," but turning them all off doesn't change anything. My
conclusion is that I'm looking in the wrong place to address thus. Could
you clarify this for me?

Thanks
doptimal
Level II

Jeff,

I was at the time I wrote up this inquiry running JMP 13.1.0 for Mac. In my quest to find a way to make the three plots in question (Residuals by Predicticted, Studentized Residuals and Box-Cox Transformations} I had been working with the group of prefrences that you show. With your help, I still cannot turn all of these items off. Here's where I stand now:

• In the second column of the screenshot, I did check the third "Set" checkbox, and then unchecked the "Plot Residual by Predicted," and that did suppress that plot - THANKS FOR THAT
  • Also in the second column, I verified that the "Box Cox Y Transformation" was unchecked (it was), but I still get the Box-Cox Transformations" plot
  • Again in column two, the box titled "Plot Studentized Residuals was and still is unchecked, yet I continue to get that plot

So, I'm one-third done, but am clueless about how to turn off those other two plots.

With the complexity of the preferences in JMP, wouldn't it be great if the red triangle menus all included a link to the correct place in the preferences to make an item default or not?

Thanks for any other help you might offer.

susan_walsh1
Staff (Retired)

Beginning with JMP 13.2, the Set checkbox was added for some additional preferences, each with a "Set" checkbox to indicate that you want to turn them on or off for all the emphasis types that Least Squares has. These include the Box Cox Y transformation and Plot Studentized Residuals preferences.