Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Save Journal as HTML output question...

poweruser87

Community Trekker

Jul 3, 2013

Hello,

I have developed JSL script which runs some various analyses on multiple data sets and eventually creates a fairly sizable journal upon completion, I then save this journal in HTML format so it can be viewed by multiple coworkers.  One of the downsides to this large journal/HTML file is that in order to find the charts/graphs you are looking for, you need to scroll quite a bit before you find what you're looking for.  Ideally, I would like to add some in-page HTML links to the top of the file which link to the subsequent sections of the journal/HTML report without manually editing the resulting HTML output file as this report is run on a weekly basis.

My question is: Is there a way to input raw html code into a journal or output file from within the JSL script I've created?  I've noticed that using a textbox object and sending it to the journal results in the raw HTML code being sent to the output file with its escape characters.  Example below.

anchor1 = textbox(( "\[<a name="chapter4"></a>]\" ));  //create anchor to chapter 4 subsection

link1 = Text Box( "\[<a href="#chapter4">clickhere</a>]\" );  // link to chapter 4 subsection

anchor1 << journal;

link1 << journal;

This results in the following being seen in the HTML output report:

&lt;a name=&quot;chapter4&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;<br>

&lt;a href=&quot;#chapter4&quot;&gt;clickhere&lt;/a&gt;<br>

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.