Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kira_Alhorn
Level III

SQL Statement is not working anymore after migrating to JMP 16

Hi There!

We've been upgrading to JMP 16 from JMP 15, lately. Unfortunately, after this upgrade my SQL code which has been working in JMP 15 is not working anymore. I have tried to collect some information and will try to describe the problem the best that I can. I hope there is somebody out there who might have an idea about that.

I use an ODBC connection to connect to a SQL database that has in total 3 tables. Two of the data tables can be accessed without any problem. However, when trying to access the third one, I get the following error message:

Kira_Alhorn_0-1633442386060.png

This message appears, no matter which columns I include. Even adding a where clause does not change anything. 

For completeness, I have tried to access the database in a script:

Kira_Alhorn_1-1633442449040.png

Again, 'dropdown' works fine, 'LTDB' does not. Unfortunately, both of the error messages do not help me. I have read this thread and the links therein, but there is no help for me. Do you have any solutions?

By the way, I do not think this problem is related to the data table itself. I have tried to access the very same using Python's pyodbc library, and the following works out perfectly fine:

Kira_Alhorn_2-1633442623057.png

Thanks!
Kira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kira_Alhorn
Level III

Re: SQL Statement is not working anymore after migrating to JMP 16

Hi Rob,

I got help from JMP support. For me the trick was to change my JMP preferences to:

Preferences(ODBC Disable Block Fetch(1));

At least for me everything worked perfectly after that.

Best,

Kira

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kira,

You don't mention what the type of database is here, but I think you need to open a incident report with Tech Support.  They may have an idea what is going on, and if they don't they will contact someone in development to debug the incident.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Was there a solution to this?  I suspect I'm seeing something similar.  I can't pull the full table with a "select *", but I can individually add columns up to 43 and get results.  There are 35,666 rows in the table.

I get a combination of these errors:

Executing SQL statement.

Invalid argument value

Executing SQL statement.

ODBC Error: Unable to add row to data table.

Thanks,

Rob

pmroz
Super User

What database are you using?  Is your ODBC driver up to date?  Sounds like you need to open a ticket with JMP Tech Support.

Kira_Alhorn
Level III

Hi Rob,

I got help from JMP support. For me the trick was to change my JMP preferences to:

Preferences(ODBC Disable Block Fetch(1));

At least for me everything worked perfectly after that.

Best,

Kira