Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Running Saved Script

Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

In the Fit Y by X platform, I have created graphs with more than one curve fitted to the data via the "group by" function.  After getting the chart to look like I want it to, I then save the script to the data table.  However, when running the script later, the fitted curves are not on the chart and I have to envoke each curve via the red triangles right under the chart.  Why do I have to do this?  Shouldn't the curves be saved as part of the script?

Steve
13 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I am not seeing this behavior. Could you show us a simple example including the contents of the resulting script?

Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

Here's the script:

For some reason, it is not resulting in the two polynomial lines showing on the plot.

See attachment for the chart and script.

Steve
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

In your attachment I see a plot with a legend indicating the 2 fits but I do not see the script intended to reproduce the plot and legend (and curves of fit).

Here's what I get using the Fitness sample data to do a similar thing preceded by the saved script except not showing the reports that follow the plot.:

Bivariate(

Y( :Oxy ),

X( :Runtime ),

Fit Where( :Sex == "F", Fit Polynomial( 2, {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) ),

Fit Where( :Sex == "M", Fit Polynomial( 2, {Line Color( {64, 111, 223} )} ) )

);

7786_pastedImage_0.png

Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

Bivariate(

Y( :Name( "Fresh
Water/ton"

) )

X( :Name( "Gross
Roll Weight (Tons)"

) )

Fit Line( {Line of Fit( 0 ), Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

Fit Where(

:Name( "ATMOS/CONV" ) == "ATMOS",

Fit Polynomial( 2, {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} )

),

Fit Where(

:Name( "ATMOS/CONV" ) == "CONV",

Fit Polynomial( 2, {Line Color( {64, 111, 223} )} )

)

)

Steve
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Well I am at a loss here ... I changed the column names in the Fitness data to match the ones used in your script and ran the script you posted. It worked perfectly as far as I can tell, same as I posted earlier but with your column names instead of Oxy, Runtime, and Sex (and you added a linear fit with display turned off..

I am running JMP Pro 64 bit 11.02 on a Windows Pro 64 bit sp1 PC. You?

What would happen if you didn't use Group By and ran your fit, saved the script for the results and ran it. Any better?

What if you skip turning off the straight line fit straight line?

Regarding:

"After getting the chart to look like I want it to"

what might that mean??

Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

If I don't use the "Group By" optiion, the same thing happens.  Same whether I turn off the linear fit or not.

I am using JMP Pro 11.2.0 64-bit on a Dell computer - Windows 2010

Steve
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

This is really odd.

Can you try doing something similar with the Fitness data from the Sample Data, and see if it works for you there?

If it doesn't, save the script to the data table and post it back here, so we can see what's going on.

-Jeff

-Jeff
Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

The same thing happens.  Attached is the saved script.

Thanks

Steve
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

This is really odd. That script works fine for me and both curves are displayed.

At this point I think that Tech Support is best positioned to try to figure out what's going on with your system.

Contact them and they'll be able to follow up more directly.

-Jeff

-Jeff