Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Reporting the equation used for confidence intervals by prediction profiler

djf42

Community Trekker

Sep 3, 2015

I have fit a multiple regression model to some data and have found that the value (the diameter of the optic nerve sheath [ONSD] in a group of dogs) is related to the dog's weight, body condition score (BCS), and age. I can use the prediction profiler to calculate a predicted value and a 95% confidence interval for a given weight, age and BCS. For the purposes of publication, I'd like to provide the reader with the equation for the upper and lower 95% confidence intervals so that for a given patient, a clinician could calculate those values to determine if an individual falls within that range. I can't figure out a way to extract that equation for my model. Is there a way to get that data from JMP Pro 12 for publication purposes?

Thanks,
Dan Fletcher

3 REPLIES
michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Hi Dan,

Are you referring to the confidence intervals that appear in the Prediction Profiler in the Standard Least Squares personality of the Fit Model platform? If so, you can save formula columns for those confidence intervals to your data table. Use the upper-most red triangle menu in the report and select Save Columns > Mean Confidence Interval.

Best,
Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
djf42

Community Trekker

Sep 3, 2015

Thanks for the reply. It took me awhile but I figured out that I needed to right click on the column heading to get the formula. Got it!

Thanks for your help!
Dan

michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Sorry I left out that last step! Glad you were able to figure it out.

Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development