cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mragaa
Level II

REML mixed model: "Unable to allocate enough memory" error message

Hi,

I'm getting an error message of "Unable to allocate memory" while trying to conduct REML (Random Effects). Could you please help me figure what's wrong?

• My dataset is 1.7 MBs in size, with on a 27 K rows and 7 columns.
  • My machine is Win 10 , 12 GB RAM and 88 GB free HDD space.
  • My model is also pretty simple (only three variables). 
  • I'm using JMP 13.2.1

My expectation was that this extra computational capacity should be more than enough for this relatively small task. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with my JMP settings.

Could you please help me figure this out?

Thank you in advance!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: REML mixed model: "Unable to allocate enough memory" error message

You should probably contact JMP Tech Support. When installing JMP it should automatically check the "bitness" of your machine and install the proper version. Is your copy of Windows 10 64-bit? Maybe that is what is checked to determine the "bitness" of JMP to install.

Dan Obermiller
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You've got the single-user license version of JMP which is only 32-bit. Our annual license version is the only version available in 64-bit.

-Jeff
mragaa
Level II

Thank you. This is completely new to me. However, I checked the invoice again and the fine print does say 32-bit. It was my mistake that I failed to see this earlier.

I think this concludes the issue for me. I sincerely appreciate all the help you all have generously offered. Just knowing that it wasn't a mistake in the methodology, makes a lot of difference to my morale.

Although I won't be able to use JMP any further for the throttle on my version, yet I'll always have the utmost gratitude for you all.

Thank you.