cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CSSanderson
Level II

Quantifying how many rows selected

This has to be possible...  Is there an easy way to quantify the number of rows selected (and ideally the percent of rows selected) and display it on a dashboard?  I know that I can go back to the raw data table and see the number Selected in the Rows area - I'd like to pull that onto a dashboard...

Specific example - here's gas flow through a panel data.  How many cells are highlighted as a fraction of the total?

CSSanderson_1-1658160679561.png

I can go back to the data table and see that it's 2270 rows, so the data's available...  I'd just like to put it on the dashboard

Thanks in advance

Charles

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CSSanderson
Level II

Re: Quantifying how many rows selected

Thanks for that suggestion...  I'm being dumb, though...  How do I put that on my dashboard as an element that provides the summary statistic there (without having to go back to the data table)

View solution in original post

jthi
Super User

I don't really use Dashboards (I build my own windows) so I don't know if this is the only method.. but I think you can create new element with some platform (Graph Builder, Tabulate comes to my mind) and then add that to the dashboard. Here is very very quick example with Tabulate using the Selected() formula in column called Rows Selected

jthi_0-1658163193012.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

One option is to create formula column with following formula to get 1 when column is selected.

Selected()

If you only care about total you can then count them from that formula column or possibly use Col Sum directly in the formula

Col Sum(Selected())

See Special Formula Columns for more fancy uses for special formula columns like that.

Other option is to use Row State Handler (or Graphic Script) with something like:

N Items(Current data Table() << Get Selected Rows)

-Jarmo
CSSanderson
Level II

Thanks for that suggestion...  I'm being dumb, though...  How do I put that on my dashboard as an element that provides the summary statistic there (without having to go back to the data table)

jthi
Super User

I don't really use Dashboards (I build my own windows) so I don't know if this is the only method.. but I think you can create new element with some platform (Graph Builder, Tabulate comes to my mind) and then add that to the dashboard. Here is very very quick example with Tabulate using the Selected() formula in column called Rows Selected

jthi_0-1658163193012.png

-Jarmo
txnelson
Super User

The percent selected would simply be

dt=current data table();
percentSelected = N Items( dt << get selected rows ) / N Rows( dt );
Jim