Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kanstantsin
Level II

Pixellation in GraphBuilder titles

Hi everyone,

not sure whether this is a bug or whether i'm doing something wrong, so maybe someone could help.

When i export graphs from GraphBuilder and the "transparency" in Preferences/Reports is "on", i get a very pixellated text:

Kanstantsin_0-1689339886911.png

if I turn it off, it looks fine:

Kanstantsin_1-1689339904456.png

I want to have transparent backgrounds with the normal quality text. Would anyone happen to have a suggestion on how to solve this?

Another note - if i export it to PowerPoint, the text is good and the background is transparent, but export to file (via script) gives the pixellated picture, as in the example.

Best wishes,

Konstantin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hogi
Level XI

Re: Pixellation in GraphBuilder titles

you could check under Preferences/Windows specific the resolution for PNG and JPEG export. 
With "300" you will get a much better quality.

I am also a big fan of EMF export. On a Windows system you can even change parts of the plot later in Powerpoint.
To make it work, you have t o enable EMF copy/paste in the preferences.

Disadvantages of EMF:

• Just works for programs which support EMF (so don't disable the other option if you want to send plots via Teams :).
  • Please also note that depending on the size of the table, the EMF export can take very (!) long.
    On the other hand, the speed for copy/paste can be increased tremendously if EMF is deselected:

hogi_1-1689362030533.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

The answer will vary depending on your system (Windows or MacOS) and export method.

For Windows Copy-Paste, you could try Paste Special > Enhanced Metafile to improve the resolution of the exported plots.

• Copy the plot as usual
  • In the receiving application (Word, PowerPoint), press CTRL + ALT + V
  • Select "Enhanced Metafile" (not the Window Enhanced Metafile)

Let us know if that help.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
hogi
Level XI

you could check under Preferences/Windows specific the resolution for PNG and JPEG export. 
With "300" you will get a much better quality.

I am also a big fan of EMF export. On a Windows system you can even change parts of the plot later in Powerpoint.
To make it work, you have t o enable EMF copy/paste in the preferences.

Disadvantages of EMF:

• Just works for programs which support EMF (so don't disable the other option if you want to send plots via Teams :).
  • Please also note that depending on the size of the table, the EMF export can take very (!) long.
    On the other hand, the speed for copy/paste can be increased tremendously if EMF is deselected:

hogi_1-1689362030533.png

Kanstantsin
Level II

Thanks for the replies! Gonna go with this one, because this saves a few clicks when inserting individual graphs somewhere!

I'm actually running a jsl loop like this to put a bunch of images into one report (with some custom axis autoscaling and a pptx export as well):

win = New Window( "Window", Outline Box( "Graphs", hb = V List Box() ) );
For( i = 9, i <= N Cols( dt ), i++,
	gb = Graph Builder( Variables( X( :Column1 ), Y( Eval( i ) ), overlay( :Group ) ) );
	hb << Append( Report( gb ) << child );
	hb << append( Page Break Box() );
	gb << Save Picture( "path" || strTitle || ".emf", emf );

gb << close window;
);