cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MDrake
Level I

Paired T Test in Bivariate Analysis

I received an example from a customer of some data analysis.  They performed 3 tests on the data.

1. Linear Fit
  2. Orthogonal Fit Ratio = 1.000
  3. Paired t Test

I am able to get the first two through the Fit Y by X however I cannot find anywhere (online and in the software) to do a Paired t Test.

They did create two more columns for "Standard Value" and "Delta" which are formulas but are blank in the data table.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Paired T Test in Bivariate Analysis

Hi @MDrake,

The typical way in JMP to perform a paired t-test using the Matched Pairs platform, which is available under Analyze > Specialized Modeling > Matched Pairs.

A less common way to perform the Paired t-test is using Fit Y by X just as you have before (with a continuous Y variable, and a continuous X variable), but before clicking the Red Triangle, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard. You will see the Paired T-test option now available in the menu. TheMatched Pairs platform has more options, but occasionally it's useful to run the Paired T-test through Fit Y by X. 

I hope this helps,

@julian

Fit Y by X matched pairs.gif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

The Paired t-test platform has moved from the main "Analyze" menu to "Analyze" >  "Specialized Modeling" > "Matched Pairs".

To use this platform, your response needs to be split into columns (e.g. Before, After) with each row representing a unique item (e.g. Patient).

Cheers,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @MDrake,

The typical way in JMP to perform a paired t-test using the Matched Pairs platform, which is available under Analyze > Specialized Modeling > Matched Pairs.

A less common way to perform the Paired t-test is using Fit Y by X just as you have before (with a continuous Y variable, and a continuous X variable), but before clicking the Red Triangle, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard. You will see the Paired T-test option now available in the menu. TheMatched Pairs platform has more options, but occasionally it's useful to run the Paired T-test through Fit Y by X. 

I hope this helps,

@julian

Fit Y by X matched pairs.gif

MDrake
Level I

Thank you that is excatly what I needed!