cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MDrake
Level I

Paired T Test in Bivariate Analysis

I received an example from a customer of some data analysis.  They performed 3 tests on the data.

1. Linear Fit
  2. Orthogonal Fit Ratio = 1.000
  3. Paired t Test

I am able to get the first two through the Fit Y by X however I cannot find anywhere (online and in the software) to do a Paired t Test.

They did create two more columns for "Standard Value" and "Delta" which are formulas but are blank in the data table.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Paired T Test in Bivariate Analysis

Hi @MDrake,

The typical way in JMP to perform a paired t-test using the Matched Pairs platform, which is available under Analyze > Specialized Modeling > Matched Pairs.

A less common way to perform the Paired t-test is using Fit Y by X just as you have before (with a continuous Y variable, and a continuous X variable), but before clicking the Red Triangle, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard. You will see the Paired T-test option now available in the menu. TheMatched Pairs platform has more options, but occasionally it's useful to run the Paired T-test through Fit Y by X. 

I hope this helps,

@julian

Fit Y by X matched pairs.gif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

The Paired t-test platform has moved from the main "Analyze" menu to "Analyze" >  "Specialized Modeling" > "Matched Pairs".

To use this platform, your response needs to be split into columns (e.g. Before, After) with each row representing a unique item (e.g. Patient).

Cheers,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @MDrake,

The typical way in JMP to perform a paired t-test using the Matched Pairs platform, which is available under Analyze > Specialized Modeling > Matched Pairs.

A less common way to perform the Paired t-test is using Fit Y by X just as you have before (with a continuous Y variable, and a continuous X variable), but before clicking the Red Triangle, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard. You will see the Paired T-test option now available in the menu. TheMatched Pairs platform has more options, but occasionally it's useful to run the Paired T-test through Fit Y by X. 

I hope this helps,

@julian

Fit Y by X matched pairs.gif

MDrake
Level I

Thank you that is excatly what I needed!