cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
NG
NG
Level II

Oneway Plot x-axis spacing

I frequently make oneway charts using the Fit Y by X platform, and often depending on the categorical factor I choose (removed from the example plot), it gives me what seems to me like random widths to each column and no obvious way to adjust them so that they're uniform.  All the names for the categoricals are of similar string length.

The result of this is certain categories end up taking up most of the horizontal space, and some categories are squished.  This is fine when I'm doing exploration, but when I want to create plots to present I have to go into Graph Builder and lose many of the statistics overlaid on the plot.

How can I adjust the oneway plots to give uniform spacing?

OnewayExample.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oneway Plot x-axis spacing

By default the X-axis is proportional to sample size. The categories with more space have more data. The "skinnier" categories have less data. You can turn this off from the red pop-up menu and choosing Display Options > X Axis Proportional.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

By default the X-axis is proportional to sample size. The categories with more space have more data. The "skinnier" categories have less data. You can turn this off from the red pop-up menu and choosing Display Options > X Axis Proportional.

Dan Obermiller
Woody
Level I

What is the red pop-up menu you talk about?  I can't find the Display Options > X Axis Proportional option anywhere.

Capture.JPG

Turn the X Axis Proportional option off by selecting it here.

Dan Obermiller
Camillus
Level II

You can uncheck the X Axis Proportional in red triangle from your graph.

ICHINOSE