cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Chris_Rodrigues
Level III

Manually enter row title on Tabulate platform?

On the Tabulate platform, is there a way to change the names of columns as they are displayed in the table?  I do not want to change the actual column title in the data table itself; I just want to change the words that are displayed on the Tabulate report.

I made a simple example table to show what I mean:

data table.jpgtabulate platform.jpg

I simply want to type over the column title with more descriptive words.  Similar to how one would change an axis title on a chart.  Is this possible?  As far as I can tell, Tabulate platform can ONLY display the column title.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Manually enter row title on Tabulate platform?

You can not change the data values in Tabulate.  It is a great idea, and you should submit it to the JMP WishList.

Probably the best way to do what you want, is to use the Value Labels on your column, to change the values to the desired names.  Or, you can use Recode in your data table and create a new column with the recoded values. and then use the Tabulate on the new column.

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Manually enter row title on Tabulate platform?

You can not change the data values in Tabulate.  It is a great idea, and you should submit it to the JMP WishList.

Probably the best way to do what you want, is to use the Value Labels on your column, to change the values to the desired names.  Or, you can use Recode in your data table and create a new column with the recoded values. and then use the Tabulate on the new column.

Jim