Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
H_1
H_1
Level I

Legend in GraphBuilder

Hello, 

I created a 96 well layout with my sample validity results for each well. The data set contains multiple plate runs which I would like to share in a team meeting, however, the legend appears aside only the first graph. Is there a way to make it so that each "Page" graph (in this case individual plate ID) has the legend next to it? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Legend in GraphBuilder

Hi,

A previous post touched on this topic: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Repeat-legend-with-every-page/td-p/47575

However, I tried using the hidden "By" variable in Graph Builder using well-plate data but I wasn't happy with the way it looked (see image below):

image.png

Somehow, the wells weren't filled-in anymore.  However, I was able to get there by dragging my Cell Name column into Map Shape, my data column into Color, and then saving the script to a script window and manually adding the By variable (see below).

Graph Builder(
	Variables( Color( :Data ), Shape( :Cell Name ) ),
	Elements( Map Shapes( Legend( 3 ) ) ),
	By( :Plate )
);

Please try that out and see if it works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

A previous post touched on this topic: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Repeat-legend-with-every-page/td-p/47575

However, I tried using the hidden "By" variable in Graph Builder using well-plate data but I wasn't happy with the way it looked (see image below):

image.png

Somehow, the wells weren't filled-in anymore.  However, I was able to get there by dragging my Cell Name column into Map Shape, my data column into Color, and then saving the script to a script window and manually adding the By variable (see below).

Graph Builder(
	Variables( Color( :Data ), Shape( :Cell Name ) ),
	Elements( Map Shapes( Legend( 3 ) ) ),
	By( :Plate )
);

Please try that out and see if it works for you.

H_1
H_1
Level I

Hi, 

The original solution will fill in the bubbles if you select map shapes in the options drop downs. 

Thank you for this information and the work around if I can't get it to work with the shapes some time, this helped me tremendously.