cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Joon
Level I

Lack of Fit missing

Hi~

When I study fit model, I have a simple problem. As you see below image, I want to know why "Lack of Fit" is not activated, this sample data just from JMP library.

2018-04-14 15 08 43.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Lack of Fit missing

The documentation for the Fit Model Platform has the following statement:

In the following situations, the Lack of Fit report does not appear because the test statistic

cannot be computed:

• There are no replicated points with respect to the X variables, so it is impossible to

calculate a pure error sum of squares.

• The model is saturated, meaning that there are as many estimated parameters as

there are observations. Such a model fits perfectly, so it is impossible to assess lack of fit.

The documentation is available from the pull down menus in JMP:

Help==>Books==>Fitting Linear Models

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The documentation for the Fit Model Platform has the following statement:

In the following situations, the Lack of Fit report does not appear because the test statistic

cannot be computed:

• There are no replicated points with respect to the X variables, so it is impossible to

calculate a pure error sum of squares.

• The model is saturated, meaning that there are as many estimated parameters as

there are observations. Such a model fits perfectly, so it is impossible to assess lack of fit.

The documentation is available from the pull down menus in JMP:

Help==>Books==>Fitting Linear Models

Jim
Joon
Level I

Thanks a lot, I have to study more with Books that you recommanded~