Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP Application Builder - Populating a List Box

abdulj

Community Trekker

Jul 12, 2011

Hello

In application builder if I drop a String Col Box or List Box I know I can edit their contents in the properties pane on the right. The problem is that these contents are then hardcoded in. Is there a way to pass a list through the module's script to populate these values instead?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

Solution

For dynamic content, any property that is shown in the Property panel of App Builder also has a JSL-equivalent for setting the properties.  For the two boxes you mention these would be:

StringCol << Set({1,2,3,4});

List << Set Items({"First", "Second", "Third"});

From the Application Builder interface, if you right-click on any box and select "Scripting Help", it will take you to the section of the documentation that defines all messages than can be sent to objects of the selected type.

1 REPLY
danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

Solution

For dynamic content, any property that is shown in the Property panel of App Builder also has a JSL-equivalent for setting the properties.  For the two boxes you mention these would be:

StringCol << Set({1,2,3,4});

List << Set Items({"First", "Second", "Third"});

From the Application Builder interface, if you right-click on any box and select "Scripting Help", it will take you to the section of the documentation that defines all messages than can be sent to objects of the selected type.