Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 12: MySql and JSL editor split (vertical/horizontal)

joeldomo

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

Hi,

1. I'm using Jmp 12 trial. I'm having issues connecting to MySql. The Create New DSN window don't show MySql drivers when it's already included as valid Windows ODBC data source. Jmp 11 has no problem on connecting to MySQL

2. On JSL script editor, using split (vertical/horizontal) is so slow. Worse, if script already run (memory loaded), it will hang JMP for a long long time. Only solution is to end Jmp12 process. Again no issues with Jmp 11 on this option.

-rgds, Joeld

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Are you "matching the hatch" with regard to 32-bit or 64-bit?  I had a problem where one of my users had 64-bit Oracle installed but couldn't connect JMP to Oracle.  Turned out they had 32-bit JMP.

JMP and your database driver need to both be 32-bit or 64-bit.

4 REPLIES
Solution

Are you "matching the hatch" with regard to 32-bit or 64-bit?  I had a problem where one of my users had 64-bit Oracle installed but couldn't connect JMP to Oracle.  Turned out they had 32-bit JMP.

JMP and your database driver need to both be 32-bit or 64-bit.

joeldomo

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

Hi PMroz,

I have 64 bit win7 machine and Jmp11 64 bit as well so installed is MySql ODBC 64 bit connector. As it is, trial version that i'm using is 32bit. Not sure if a 64 bit Jmp 12 trial is available but i can try the 32bit MySQL ODBC connector just for this. I'll let you know the result. Thanks

joeldomo

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

Confirmed. I installed the 32bit MySql connector version and it connected. As for the split line in Jsl editor, though useful, i'm avoiding using it for now. Is the 32bit trial affecting the display response speed ? i'm not sure yet until i get my upgrade to full Jmp12.Thanks

Eric_Hill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, Joel,

If you get full JMP and are still experiencing the issue with the Script Editor splitter performance, please open an ticket with JMP Technical Support.  That is the best way to get the issue tracked and fixed.

Thanks!

Eric