Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is it possible to set CPK '>2.0' on a distribution chart when CPK is >2.0?

jan_solo

Community Trekker

Feb 21, 2014

Hi everyone,

I create a distribution chart.  In the capability analysis table (next to the chart) CPK is shown.  If the value of CPK is more then 2.0, can I change the value to '> 2.0' ?

Thanks,

Jan

Note about attachement:  I have blanke some parts out due to company policy.  The part I'm talking about is in the red rectangle.

3 REPLIES
mia_stephens

Staff

May 28, 2014

It looks like you need to change the width of the field and/or the number of decimal places.  You can do this by double-clicking on the capability output table and then changing one or both values. 

jan_solo

Community Trekker

Feb 21, 2014

Thanks for the answer, but not exactly what I was looking for.  If CPK is 7.833, How can I change the value in the index column to '> 2.0' ?

Thank you!

J.

billw_jmp

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

Because it is a calculated value you cannot change directly in the analysis platform.  However, if you right click anywhere in the index region you can make the report into a data table and you can then change the values there.  There is one problem with doing that.  If you change a value by adding a symbol it then changes the data type to nominal character data and the whole column must then be changed.

You can also investigate different CPK values in the Quality/Capability platform using the Goal Plot.  Change the CPK slider to value you want and you can see where one or all of you inputs fall out in regards to the "desired" CPK.