cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rossjason
Level II

Is graph builder compatible with multiple response columns?

Graph builder doesn't seem to understand that muiltiple response columns should be counted by their individual entries. A bar chart made from a multiple response column will show a bar for every unique combination of entries instead of the count of the individual choices. Distribution analysis does this correctly but doesn't allow of much customization and combination with other variables such as through stacked bar charts like graph builder does when you overlay one category onto another's bar chart. I have jmp 13.1 and 12.2 to work with...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is graph builder compatible with multiple response columns?

You are correct that Graph Builder does not currently count multiple response modeling type columns by their indivudal entries. If you would like Graph Builder to support this expanded modeling type, I'd encourage you to add this request to our JMP Wish List

Thank you!

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt
MKostura
Level II

Just for curiosity sake. What functions in JMP does the Multiple response data type actually work with. As mentioned, distribution seems to provide some limited information but what about other categorical analysis functions? Seems like this could be a powerful

The multiple response modeling type is intended for the response variable with specific platforms such as Categorical. Otherwise it is not generally useful.