Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
minehead
Level II

Interactive HTML y-axis resets when selecting data

I created a graph in graph builder and saved it as an interactive HTML. The dataset had a few far outliers like 1e+30, which I had selected and used row>hide and exclude to disable those rows. The graph in JMP worked fine with regards to the y-axis scale and also when it was first opened in a web browser after saving it as and interactive HTML. However, when trying to select points on the graph it resets the y-axis to include the far outliers. 

To try and experience the problem, you could use Arrhythmia.jmp data from the sample data library, change one or more values in the column QRS duration to 1e+30, click on the graph builder script that is already built in to the table, select the far outliers, hide and exclude them and then save as interactive HTML. Open the interactive HTML and try selecting the data.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Would appreciate any workarounds until it gets fixed.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
ih
ih
Level VII

Re: Interactive HTML y-axis resets when selecting data

I believe this is a bug; I suggest sending the issue to support@jmp.com.

I did replicate the issue; deleting the points before saving as an interactive html file seemed to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, this is a defect in JMP 14.0 which has been addressed in JMP 14.1.

In JMP 14, to support the local data filter's ability to hide and reveal hidden rows in Interactive HTML, we began showing hidden points and hidden sections of graphical elements. Since Interactive HTML doesn't support zooming, we intentionally automatically expand the graph to reveal hidden points and graphical elements drawn in a faded color outside the initial range of the exported graph. This is not done until you begin interacting with the graph so that we can provide this additional functionality while still initially matching the exported graph. 

When using points, we unintentionally expanded to reveal excluded rows as well as hidden rows. Unfortunately, the error was not detected until after we released JMP 14.0, but it was corrected in time for our maintenance release, JMP 14.1.

~John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
minehead
Level II

Thanks John! Looking forward to the 14.1 release.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
minehead
Level II

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, deleting the points before saving does seem to fix the issue and this could be used as a temporary fix until the 14.1 release where this is fixed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

You're welcome and I'm glad the temporary fix suggested by ih (Thanks, ih) will work until you get 14.1.

0 Kudos