cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ressel
Level VI

Interactive HTML reports - local data filters not working in JMP 16?

Some time ago I shared a couple of interactive HTML reports from Graph Builder that included local data filters. My colleagues were no JMP users, and as a result very much impressed by how they could use the local data filters to explore the data. The exported HTML had filters for selecting data related to individual batches as well as a slide a filter that allowed narrowing down to specific date ranges. I made these HTML files with JMP 15. I still have these files and the filters still work.

However, since I have upgraded to JMP 16 I only always get a "This feature is not interactive" pop-up message when I export a graph including a local data filter.

Is this an issue with JMP settings, user error or has something changed with the implementation of JMP 16? If so, I'm considering downgrading to JMP 15 again, because these interactive HTML files were "really sweet". Now with dead data filters, the exported graphs are unfortunately not very useful.

Anyone who can point me to a solution? Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Interactive HTML reports - local data filters not working in JMP 16?

@Ressel 

Take a look at the (new and improved!) Enhanced Log under View > Log.  As you save as HTML, you'll likely get the message "Interactive HTML: Local Data Filters with the Include mode enabled are not supported in stand-alone Interactive HTML." (see image below).  In JMP v16, the control modes are now hidden, with the default that the Include option is checked - but, as the note suggests, this leaves the Local Data Filter no longer interactive.

To resolve, in the Local Data Filter under the red triangle, select Show Modes, then uncheck the Include option. Save and you'll have "really sweet" stuff again.

christianstopp_0-1640273492112.png

View solution in original post

Ressel
Level VI

Thanks for your response! I found the solution here too now (1 minute ago).

Sweet!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Ressel 

Take a look at the (new and improved!) Enhanced Log under View > Log.  As you save as HTML, you'll likely get the message "Interactive HTML: Local Data Filters with the Include mode enabled are not supported in stand-alone Interactive HTML." (see image below).  In JMP v16, the control modes are now hidden, with the default that the Include option is checked - but, as the note suggests, this leaves the Local Data Filter no longer interactive.

To resolve, in the Local Data Filter under the red triangle, select Show Modes, then uncheck the Include option. Save and you'll have "really sweet" stuff again.

christianstopp_0-1640273492112.png

Ressel
Level VI

Thanks for your response! I found the solution here too now (1 minute ago).

Sweet!