Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Importing column properties for multiple columns from excel spreadsheet

How do I import column properties for multiple columns of data from an excel spreadsheet?  I'm looking at measurement data for a large number of manufactured features and need to calculatge process capability for each column of data where each column has a different LSL and USL.  I have the measurement data and spec limits in an excel spreadsheet.  I could manually enter spec limits for each column, but I'm sure there is an easier way to do this.

3 REPLIES
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

The capability platform (under the graphs menu) allows you to import column specifications

-Dave
toddt

Community Member

Oct 14, 2011

I tried to import spec limits using the "Get Limits" option in the control charts dialog but it doesn't seem to work. The limits file looks to be properly formatted according to the information in JMP help, see the example below.  I get an error (No matching columns in Limits File) and it immediately kicks me into a spec limits entry dialog.

Column 1      _LSL     _Target     _USL

testA               0                             1

testB               2                             3

The testA and testB values match column headings in the original table.  I've tried spec limits files in both orientations to no avail.

jb

Community Trekker

Sep 23, 2015

With Control Charts, you may need to separate measures into individual columns.

Did you try using Tables>Split to reformat your spec limits?

_LimitsKey   A    B

----------  --   --

_LCL         0    2

_Avg      

_UCL         1    3

This arrangement works for me.