cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lpatton
Level I

Import Column units into new table with JSL

I am created a summary table using JSL script from an original data table.  Is there an easy way using JSL script to import all of the column properties from the original table (such as units) to the new summary table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Import Column units into new table with JSL

This is similar to the Copying column properties from one data table to another discussion.

You can use the Get Column Properties and Add Column Properties messages to get them from the source table and set them in the target table.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

This is similar to the Copying column properties from one data table to another discussion.

You can use the Get Column Properties and Add Column Properties messages to get them from the source table and set them in the target table.

-Jeff

-Jeff
ezorlo
Level IV

Hi,

When I make a summary table from the tabulate option, the units from the column do not show up in the table. Only the column label is displayed. 

I could write the units by hand into the column label but I wonder if there is a more elegant solution?

Thanks

txnelson
Super User

The column's units are not part of the column name.  They are a separate column property, called "Units".  What you need to do, is to go to the newly created data table.  Then right click on the column header and select

Column Properties==>Units

Type the units into the dialog box that is displayed, and then click on OK.

The Units will then be displayed at the end of the Column Label

units1.PNG

units2.PNG

units3.PNG

Jim