cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
burakbagdatli
Level III

Ignore or disable modal JMP alerts

I'm creating a rather large Profiler plot with many fits and standard error formulas. JMP keeps telling me "Profiler will be faster by decreasing Default N Levels".

I have aleady reduced the default n levels in JSL that creates the plots to a level that I don't want to go below. Is there a way to ignore this alert window? I accept profiler will be a bit sluggish and I'm ok with it. I don't want this to keep popping up repeatedly.

alert.PNG

Alternatively, is it possible to send a "press OK" command using JSL to that window? I could add that after my profiler plot generating code.

Thanks for the help!

What we see of the real world is not the unvarnished real world but a model of the real world, constructed so it is useful for dealing with the real world. —Richard Dawkins
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Ignore or disable modal JMP alerts

You may be able to bypass the displaying of the window, by setting a little known function.
batchinteractive(1)
I would not bet any money on it, but it may work
Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

You may be able to bypass the displaying of the window, by setting a little known function.
batchinteractive(1)
I would not bet any money on it, but it may work
Jim
burakbagdatli
Level III

Worked like a charm!

Quick note for others who need this solution:

Add a "Batch Interactive( 0 )" somewhere appropriate along the execution afterwards. Otherwise it's not possible to quit JMP. I just surrounded my profiler code with "batch interactive(1)" and "batch interactive(0)".

What we see of the real world is not the unvarnished real world but a model of the real world, constructed so it is useful for dealing with the real world. —Richard Dawkins
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

I see that Batch Interactive( 0|1 ) is in the list of JMP commands ( Show Commands() ), but where is this documented?

BTW, thank you for the heads up on this.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @gzmorgan0,

Batch Interactive() was documented in the JMP Help as late as JMP 13 (in the Utility Function section of the JSL syntax reference). However, it's a bit of an oddity that it's nowhere to be found in the 14 docs. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that. 

@julian 

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@julian,

Thank you.  I searched JMP 14 JMP SCripting Guide, JSL Syntax books and the Scripting Index.