cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
burakbagdatli
Level III

Ignore or disable modal JMP alerts

I'm creating a rather large Profiler plot with many fits and standard error formulas. JMP keeps telling me "Profiler will be faster by decreasing Default N Levels".

I have aleady reduced the default n levels in JSL that creates the plots to a level that I don't want to go below. Is there a way to ignore this alert window? I accept profiler will be a bit sluggish and I'm ok with it. I don't want this to keep popping up repeatedly.

alert.PNG

Alternatively, is it possible to send a "press OK" command using JSL to that window? I could add that after my profiler plot generating code.

Thanks for the help!

What we see of the real world is not the unvarnished real world but a model of the real world, constructed so it is useful for dealing with the real world. —Richard Dawkins
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Ignore or disable modal JMP alerts

You may be able to bypass the displaying of the window, by setting a little known function.
batchinteractive(1)
I would not bet any money on it, but it may work
Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

You may be able to bypass the displaying of the window, by setting a little known function.
batchinteractive(1)
I would not bet any money on it, but it may work
Jim
burakbagdatli
Level III

Worked like a charm!

Quick note for others who need this solution:

Add a "Batch Interactive( 0 )" somewhere appropriate along the execution afterwards. Otherwise it's not possible to quit JMP. I just surrounded my profiler code with "batch interactive(1)" and "batch interactive(0)".

What we see of the real world is not the unvarnished real world but a model of the real world, constructed so it is useful for dealing with the real world. —Richard Dawkins
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

I see that Batch Interactive( 0|1 ) is in the list of JMP commands ( Show Commands() ), but where is this documented?

BTW, thank you for the heads up on this.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @gzmorgan0,

Batch Interactive() was documented in the JMP Help as late as JMP 13 (in the Utility Function section of the JSL syntax reference). However, it's a bit of an oddity that it's nowhere to be found in the 14 docs. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that. 

@julian 

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@julian,

Thank you.  I searched JMP 14 JMP SCripting Guide, JSL Syntax books and the Scripting Index.