cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

Hi All,

I was thinking hard about the ways to do automation using JMP recently. Are there any scripts which could do this:- 

(1) I have the raw data saved in a JMP table.

(2) I have a script that will automatically plot the graphs (example, var chart) by grabbing any Y variables from the Colume (in the raw data) and plot by a fix X parameter (defined in the script). This will save some time to name all the Y variables in the script, especially when I have ~50 parameters to be added into the script.  

Thank you,

Ann

12 REPLIES 12

Re: How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

Thank you so much, Jim.

I was playing around with various codes and scripts for the whole day, but it seemed like I was only able to output the last plot to the pptx. The rest of the plots were not saved to the ppt. I totally have not idea what has gone wrong.

/* Open a sample data table */
dt = Open( "C:\Users\Ann Ann/12.jmp" );

// Find the Y Columns
numericColNamesList = dt << get column names( string, numeric );

For( i = N Items( numericColNamesList ), i >= 1, i--,
	If(
		Not(
			Is Missing( Num( Word( 1, numericColNamesList[i], ":" ) ) ) == 0 &
			Word( 2, numericColNamesList[i], ":" ) != ""
		),
		numericColNamesList = Remove( numericColNamesList, i, 1 )
	)
);

// Run the Variance Charts
// With dynamic Y columns and fixed X columns
obj = Variability Chart( Y( Eval( numericColNamesList ) ), X( :LOT, :WAFER ) );	

robj << Save Presentation( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx" );
Open( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx" );

/* Close table and all invisible reports */
Close( dt, No Save );

txnelson
Super User

Re: How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

By default, the Save Presentation() function will write on top of any previous pptx created, unless you specify the "Aappend.PNGppend" option.  See the documentation in the Scripting Index.

Jim

Thank you, Jim