cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

Hi All,

I was thinking hard about the ways to do automation using JMP recently. Are there any scripts which could do this:- 

(1) I have the raw data saved in a JMP table.

(2) I have a script that will automatically plot the graphs (example, var chart) by grabbing any Y variables from the Colume (in the raw data) and plot by a fix X parameter (defined in the script). This will save some time to name all the Y variables in the script, especially when I have ~50 parameters to be added into the script.  

Thank you,

Ann

12 REPLIES 12

Re: How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

Thank you so much, Jim.

I was playing around with various codes and scripts for the whole day, but it seemed like I was only able to output the last plot to the pptx. The rest of the plots were not saved to the ppt. I totally have not idea what has gone wrong.

/* Open a sample data table */
dt = Open( "C:\Users\Ann Ann/12.jmp" );

// Find the Y Columns
numericColNamesList = dt << get column names( string, numeric );

For( i = N Items( numericColNamesList ), i >= 1, i--,
	If(
		Not(
			Is Missing( Num( Word( 1, numericColNamesList[i], ":" ) ) ) == 0 &
			Word( 2, numericColNamesList[i], ":" ) != ""
		),
		numericColNamesList = Remove( numericColNamesList, i, 1 )
	)
);

// Run the Variance Charts
// With dynamic Y columns and fixed X columns
obj = Variability Chart( Y( Eval( numericColNamesList ) ), X( :LOT, :WAFER ) );	

robj << Save Presentation( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx" );
Open( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx" );

/* Close table and all invisible reports */
Close( dt, No Save );

txnelson
Super User

Re: How to write a script to be able to plot any parameters based on the raw data ?

By default, the Save Presentation() function will write on top of any previous pptx created, unless you specify the "Aappend.PNGppend" option.  See the documentation in the Scripting Index.

Jim

Thank you, Jim