cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lukasz
Level IV

How to separate box plot groups with a straight line?

Hello Everybody,
I manage to align data points to corresponding box plots but depending on data there can be more boxes in one group. For interpretation purposes I would like to draw additional lines on the plot that will visually separate each "F" group, like in the right hand picture attached. I would appreciate for hints how to do that. Best regards.picture_3.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
statman
Super User

Re: How to separate box plot groups with a straight line?

Not sure this is what you want, but if you use Graph Builder and drag the Parameters to the Y axis and Feature 1 to the Group X option and feature 2 to the X axis

Graph Builder.png

you will get the separate areas

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Not sure this is what you want, but if you use Graph Builder and drag the Parameters to the Y axis and Feature 1 to the Group X option and feature 2 to the X axis

Graph Builder.png

you will get the separate areas

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
lukasz
Level IV

Hello statman, thank you for your reply, that looks good and I will use that method. However I thought that the main groups F1, F2 and F3 can be displayed in the X axis but now it doesn't matter. I put Feature 2 as color to make differences between subgroups. Redundant legends can be removed. Thank you once again.

picture_2.jpg