cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
75Innovation
Level I

How to save custom quantiles to a table

Hello, 

I have a continuous variable which I broke down using a custom quantile (instead of normal quantile, default in JMP). My custom quantile is 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. The distribution platform shows the output but how can I save this to a table? If I click the red triangle --> save, I only see the option to save default JMP normal quantiles only. 

Any ideas about how I can save the custom quantiles rather than the default JMP normal quantiles? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to save custom quantiles to a table

Right-click on the table with the quantiles and select Make Into Data Table.

75Innovation
Level I

Mark, Appreciate the reply. I was looking for a solution to add quartiles to the main data table. This was I can work on the base dataset along with quartiles. I can definitely use your solution and then create a formula column. 

nanayOf3
Level I

How do you write this action into a script?

jthi
Super User

Let JMP script it for you (if you have JMP16+ even easier)

1. Open your table

2. Create your distribution

3. Right click on the Quantiles table box and Make into Data table

Slightly Script from Enhanced log:

Names Default To Here(1);
// Open Data Table: Big Class.jmp // → Data Table("Big Class") Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp"); // Launch platform: Distribution Data Table("Big Class") << Distribution(Continuous Distribution(Column(:weight))); // Make TableBox into a Data Table // → Data Table("Untitled") Local({obj}, obj = Data Table("Big Class") << Distribution( Continuous Distribution(Column(:weight)) ); Report(obj)["weight", "Quantiles", Table Box(1)] << Make Into Data Table; obj << Close Window; );

The script can be "auto"built without enhanced log but you have to collected the scripts from different places (from distribution platform and from result tables table script)

-Jarmo