cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Three Sigma Control Chart

I have considered a time series of 100 consecutive individual observations of some

manufacturing measurement. (File: controlchart). I want to establish an appropriate threesigma control chart. How should I do it in JMP? What observation or observations would you view as an outlier (indicate what row(s) in the data table the outlier(s) are associated with)? Explain your analysis and provide the output to support your argument.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Three Sigma Control Chart

Hi @ABDromedary218 ,

you can use Controlchart Builder for this. I recommend having a look at the learning library (jmp.com/learn) - there are short descriptions and short tutorial videos explaining these kinds of methods.

Your request can be done using this method. Per default it will create the limits with the moving range method, but you can change by  right-click > Limits > Sigma > Levey-Jennings.

Florian_Vogt_0-1683272668259.png

In the graph you can interactively select datapoints which are potential outliers or look at the ones that are outside the UCL.

Hope this helps!

Best

Florian

MRB3855
Super User

Hello. Sorry if I’ve got this wrong…but this sounds like a homework problem. And, if so, it’s not appropriate to look for solutions here. And, if not, I stand corrected.

The key word in the last sentence of your homework is, "YOUR."