cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
75Innovation
Level I

How to save custom quantiles to a table

Hello, 

I have a continuous variable which I broke down using a custom quantile (instead of normal quantile, default in JMP). My custom quantile is 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. The distribution platform shows the output but how can I save this to a table? If I click the red triangle --> save, I only see the option to save default JMP normal quantiles only. 

Any ideas about how I can save the custom quantiles rather than the default JMP normal quantiles? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to save custom quantiles to a table

Right-click on the table with the quantiles and select Make Into Data Table.

75Innovation
Level I

Mark, Appreciate the reply. I was looking for a solution to add quartiles to the main data table. This was I can work on the base dataset along with quartiles. I can definitely use your solution and then create a formula column. 

nanayOf3
Level I

How do you write this action into a script?

jthi
Super User

Let JMP script it for you (if you have JMP16+ even easier)

1. Open your table

2. Create your distribution

3. Right click on the Quantiles table box and Make into Data table

Slightly Script from Enhanced log:

Names Default To Here(1);
// Open Data Table: Big Class.jmp // → Data Table("Big Class") Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp"); // Launch platform: Distribution Data Table("Big Class") << Distribution(Continuous Distribution(Column(:weight))); // Make TableBox into a Data Table // → Data Table("Untitled") Local({obj}, obj = Data Table("Big Class") << Distribution( Continuous Distribution(Column(:weight)) ); Report(obj)["weight", "Quantiles", Table Box(1)] << Make Into Data Table; obj << Close Window; );

The script can be "auto"built without enhanced log but you have to collected the scripts from different places (from distribution platform and from result tables table script)

-Jarmo