cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
volf
Staff (Retired)

How to save JMP log

Hi JMPers,

I want to save JMP log as txt file for futher using.

How to save JMP log into any local directory files?

Regard,
Volf.

Message was edited by: volf
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to save JMP log

You can save the log file at any time by just making sure that it's the current active window by clicking on it, and then clicking on File | Save As. The default name is "log.jsl", but obviously you can change that to anything you want, after which you can pick it up in WordPad, MS Word or whatever.

If you want to preserve the colour-coding of the text as well, just copy the contents of the log onto the clipboard with -A, then paste it into Word or WordPad with either an Edit | Paste or -V in the usual way.
volf
Staff (Retired)

Thank you David,

I asked wrong Question.

My question is How to save JMP log through JSL.

When User use JMP application, JMP automatically save log into txt files.

Hi Volf - the following JSL function will save a text copy of the log to wherever you want to put it:

save log("c:\anything.txt");

[On a point of information, I've found it a very useful exercise to work through the Appendix of the JSL Scripting Guide, function by function, writing my own searchable help file in the process. You'll quite often come across functions which perform very useful tasks but which don't have names that you'd instinctively look for when running a search ("Tick Seconds" is a good example of the sort of thing I mean). It takes a while to do it, but you'll eventually begin to find that your own help file is of more use to you than the manual. My personal favourite tool for this sort of thing is HelpScribble (http://www.helpscribble.com )]

David

There is another thread talking about this: Can-I-view-the-log-of-an-executable-JSL 

There @pmroz  mentioned (with kudos to @Craige_Hales ) you can use

text = log capture(...YourScript...);
Save Text File("$Temp/mylog.txt");

aroung your script (...YourScript...) to capture just this part of interest rather than the whole log file, which might be full of commands and outputs you are not interested in.

/****NeverStopLearning****/