Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
dguan
Level II

How to make script backwards compatible to JMP 10

I made a basic script to import an excel sheet and perform some operations to calculate pass fail columns based on the input data, but I want to share this script to users who only have access to JMP 10 and it mostly doesn't work. Is there any documentation of what operations did work in JMP 10? 

I'm guessing basic file open and column operations work, but suspect that maybe Eval(), Parse(), Eval Expr(), and Expr() functions do not work, so I'm wondering what functions would have been available to do the same things in JMP 10. I don't think I have a way to get JMP 10 to test this out on my own. 

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to make script backwards compatible to JMP 10

Hi @dguan,

Why not upgrade to most recent version? 

You might have other issues 64 bit versus 32 bit compatibility with MS Excel? 

Help-->New Features

Help-->New FeaturesHelp-->New Features

Stan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

@stan_koprowski  comment is the best approach.  However if you can not upgrade, then the method that I have used in the past has been to step through line by line until an error is thrown, then determine the solution and then put the new code in place and then continue to the next error.

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @dguan,

Why not upgrade to most recent version? 

You might have other issues 64 bit versus 32 bit compatibility with MS Excel? 

Help-->New Features

Help-->New FeaturesHelp-->New Features

Stan

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

@stan_koprowski  comment is the best approach.  However if you can not upgrade, then the method that I have used in the past has been to step through line by line until an error is thrown, then determine the solution and then put the new code in place and then continue to the next error.

Jim

Highlighted
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

And I would not expect Eval(), Parse(), Eval Expr(), and Expr() to be the problem, nearly as much as using new features that may have been added in JMP 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. 

Craige
Highlighted
dguan
Level II

@stan_koprowski @txnelson They unfortunately work for a vendor so their company doesn't want to pay for the upgrade and our company doesn't want to pay for them... but we'll keep working on persuading them to update their jmp version.

I'll keep working on troubleshooting the script line by line then. Thanks all

Article Labels